15 November 2011

Working with Authors and Books (Or, Why I Love My Job)

As an editor and a writer, I have had the privilege of working with some wonderful people and excellent books.  Each project is a new experience, and I learn a great deal -- both about life and about the subject matter I'm working with.  

In fact, I've learned so much that I sometimes wonder what I'm going to do with all of the random facts, definitions, and tidbits I've accumulated in my brain.  (Somebody once joked that I should go on Jeopardy.  I'm pretty sure I would win.)

But, seriously: I love working with authors and editing books.  It's a true joy.  Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky to be doing this for a living.  I mean, c'mon -- I get paid to read and write!  It doesn't get much better than that.

So, since I've been lucky enough to work with all of these great people and books, I think it's about time I tell you about some of them.  So, here's my plan: each month, I will post about one of the books I've worked with.  I might do it more often than that, but you can expect at least one per month, with the first one coming this week.  Which one, you ask?  You'll have to wait and see -- it's no fun if it's not a surprise!

2 comments:

Lianne said...

I'm so excited! I'm fascinated by editors, and would love to learn more...

Stacy Lynn said...

Well, you will need to work with one when you finish that novel of yours!